Whether you are already retired or looking forward to that magical last day there are a few things you can do to ensure your retirement is comfortable.
1. Re-examine your Centrelink eligibility.
2. Aged care is a complex area currently under review at a federal level. Get advice.
3. Plan how you spend your time in retirement. Part time work, hobbies and volunteering can all potentially help you with Centrelink.
4. Budget – Do you know how much you will need to live on? What that around the world trip will cost? How much your car will cost to replace?
5. If you are in pre-retirement now is the time to review your retirement plan and ensure you are on track.
6. Seek income. This doesn’t have to mean term deposits. Look outside the box. Telstra shares, for example, are paying nearly 9% income via divident payments.