For most Australians, superannuation will be their largest investment asset by the time they are near retirement age.
However for many, superannuation is complex and at times frustrating.
Some do not trust the people/funds who provide it nor the constant government tinkering and these frustrations may all seem quite legitimate at times.
Yes superannuation is complex and the rules will continue to change and unfortunately they must change.
But from our perspective, superannuation is still and we believe, will always be the most tax effective wealth creation tool available to all Australians, so should be used wisely and to its full potential.
It doesn’t need to be the only wealth creation tool for your retirement but it should be the main one.
How we can help?
We will simplify your superannuation for you so you get the most out of every dollar, every year.
If you have multiple super funds or lost super , we can help track them and consolidate.
We can provide advice on a majority of the best superannuation products in Australia (We access ‘Chant West’ research to rate and assess these funds. If they meet the 4-5 out of 5 “apples” rating, then we can advise on it).
We can advise if a self managed superannuation fund (SMSF) will be beneficial to you and explain all the pros and cons, with the recommendation at the end.
And finally, superannuation is a tool specifically designed to help fund your retirement – we can help plan this also.
Are you hoping to stop work in 5 years or 20 years?
Do you think (or worry) about what will happen when you do? Will you have enough $$ or do you even know where to start when planning for this major event.
Do you need to….
- Sort out your superannuation, shares, investment property and debt;
- Get an idea of what you will actually do in retirement
- Start the process of planning
- OR are you near retirement and procrastinating. Do you know with certainty, when you can actually stop working?
Today, retirement looks different for everyone.
We want to understand what your retirement lifestyle looks like to YOU, find out what is important and then explain all the options available. Plus, our Retirement and Wealth Analysis & Projection Tool, will guide us on how your ideal lifestyle can be funded.
Our fully compliant projection tool, eliminates the guess work and provides a very clear retirement picture. It identifies any shortfall and allows us to work with you on a solution. We can calculate multiple scenarios to indicate the best strategy for you.
As part of our annual ongoing services with you, we constantly review and adjust this analysis.
Do you want….
Confidence about when you can retire and certainty about how much you will have?
Confidence and trust in your Planner and the advice provided.
A realistic financial calculation of what you need and if it can be achieved with as little risk as possible.
Where to Start?
Questions you need to ask yourself when planning your retirement…
- When will you be ready (mentally / physically) to finish work?
- Do you have hobbies? What will you replace your 40 hour working week with?
- Will you and your partner be stopping work at the same time?
- Do you want to transition out of the work force? What options do you have?
- Are you self-employed? Can you sell your business? (this can be complex and needs specialised advice)
- How much income do you need each year?
- How much do you spend on fixed costs, food, shelter, health and transport? The average for Australian couples is $43 000 pa.
- How much do you spend (or want to spend) on hobbies or fun?
- How much do you need for leisure, travel and holidays?
- How much do you want for your Bucket List or that one-off capital purchase, i.e. boat, around-the-world trip.
- What age do you want to retire?
- Is there longevity in your genes? Does your capital need to last into your 90’s and beyond?
- Do you want to leave a legacy or do you plan to ‘SKI’ – Spend the Kids Inheritance?
- Will you or can you do part-time casual work to supplement your retirement income?
How do we help ?
Many of these questions will be difficult for you to answer.
We can help you find the answers, and the answers may not appear obvious for some time. But it is crucial to start the conversation.
We will help find the answers and….
- Calculate how much capital you need to meet the costs of your ideal lifestyle.
- Calculate how much your current retirement plan will generate capital by the time you reach retirement.
- Is there a capital ‘GAP’?
- Consider and discuss ways to close the financial GAP.
- Discuss Plan B, C or D if needed.
- Be available to you along the whole way.
What strategies we can advise on at Kelly Wealth
Self-Managed Super (SMSF).
Transition to Retirement.
Superannuation- salary sacrifice/co-contribution.
General Wealth Creation to meet your needs and match your comfort-level.
Managing risk and wealth creation goals with tax control in mind.
Guide for Comprehensive Estate Planning.
Kelly Wealth are not able to provide specific tax strategy recommendations and we strongly urge you to seek independent advice from a qualified Tax Accountant or Adviser. We are very happy to work with your own appointed Tax Professional to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Retirement and Wealth Analysis & Projection Service
This fully audited and compliant tool enables us to project assets/liabilities and income/expense values against inflation.
Whether your assets are super, property, shares, a business or farm.
It will also project your loan amortization (repayment term).
It paints a clear picture without the jargon, that will give you certainty about your retirement.
But it is realistic. If you don’t have enough for the retirement you want, it will tell us.
We then look at the plan A, B or C to make sure you can have the retirement you have envisioned.
It seems simple because it is.
This process is crucial and should be undertaken prior to making any major investment decisions involving your retirement.
PLUS one of the best features – you will gain a solid understanding of how much risk you need to take, to meet you retirement goals.
You can walk away knowing you have…
Knowledge and clarity in what your retirement lifestyle will look like.
Confidence, trust and knowledge in your strategy.
Clear understanding of how much risk (high or conservative) you need to take, to meet your retirement goals.
Access to leading and real-time data from around the world.
A professional full investment management service.
Get in touch with us on Ph 07 4041 2055 or follow the link below, to discuss how we can assist you. The first conversation is on us!
Your initial meeting is complimentary and obligation free. It is a great opportunity to discuss your goals and meet our Planners.
Both Brent Kelly and Brent Cerutti have been specializing in helping clients retire, for over 20 years.
Come in for a chat……we’d love to meet with you.